iPad development?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 13 16:52:21 CEST 2011

> Anyway, he want's me to get a list together of what the costs would be
> associated with setting up to do iPad dev.  So what exact hardware,
> software, and licensing would I need to get started (per dev..there
> are two of us).

Costs:
iPad2 - WIFI, 32Gig should be enough for your development needs
   + ~$480?  (Check Apple store)
Apple Developer Account -
   + $99 / year
Mac hardware to develop on: Got something already?  If not, get a Mac Mini.
   + $600.

Should take you about a month to get up to speed on iOS development, or shorter if you scale your project accordingly (add features as you learn how to implement them).  Depending on the type of app you are going to build you may or may not need to learn Objective-C .. it really depends on what you're going to be building.  If its a simple form that just has to look and feel pretty on an iPad, you could get away with doing it in HTML5.  If its something that needs to render custom graphics or do some sort of processing .. Obj-C or C++ .. If its a game and you want coverage for other platforms, tons of options too: 2D = moai/cocos2d frameworks, 3D = Unity, etc.

If you need any help, just send questions in a personal mail .. I'm currently eye-deep in iOS and Android development and would be happy to answer any questions.

;
--
Jay Vaughan