Hard drives

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 12 11:16:40 CET 2011

> Yes. Well it affects me, and whoever is buying a new system as well, perhaps. It's significant.

Its a dangerous thing, to be so dependent on technology that can be washed away at a mere flood or so, don't you think Dong ..

I'm pretty sure this might mean that SSD production is going to skyrocket, although its already doing that, pretty much.  The economies of scale are going to tip pretty soon; it'll be more expensive to do electro-mechanical rather than just straight plain silicon, soon enough .. well, thats whats happened now with this simple flood, I guess, after all.

I think though, that the PC must die.  Its too high-power.  When we're all running multi-core machines in our pocket with no moving parts whatsoever, rechargable by mere sunlight, it will be the end of it.  Imagine if every PC just suddenly turned off, because iPad4 got a backpanel?  I hope I see it happen, personally.

;
--
Jay Vaughan