iMac or MBP...

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 10 08:32:06 CEST 2011

> iMac 27", i7 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD + 2TB HD
> MBP 15", i7 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 512 GB SSD (+ the 27" CinemaDisplay I already have)

I would say go for the iMac, its more bang and you won't regret the extra power, I think.

One thing: don't buy the Apple SSD's, they are expensive and not so great compared to what you can get for the same price, elsewhere.  Buy the cheapest possible hard drive solution, take the drives out, and put in your own SSD's.  This might be a lot of work, but I think you will be better off, costs and performance- wise, if you do this instead.

;
--
Jay Vaughan