iMac or MBP...

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 10 17:21:03 CEST 2011

Le 10 juin 2011 à 08:32, Jay Vaughan a écrit :

> I would say go for the iMac, its more bang and you won't regret the extra power, I think.
>
> One thing: don't buy the Apple SSD's, they are expensive and not so great compared to what you can get for the same price, elsewhere.  Buy the cheapest possible hard drive solution, take the drives out, and put in your own SSD's. This might be a lot of work, but I think you will be better off, costs and performance- wise, if you do this instead.

beware, you can't just swap drives in the latest iMacs, Apple did something stupid by using special firmwares in the hard drives to check the temperature instead of using another sensor. You must use a hack to change a hard drive…

SSDs and RAM are a big no no at the Applestore.

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!
No ACTA!