Let's talk about little harware

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 25 07:13:14 CET 2011

Op 25-1-2011 4:10, diode schreef:

> I have already found at least one USB bluetooth adapter that works in both (but if someone knows of a very small one, I'm taking the hint). Investigating the Wifi on my own on specialized sites. But I'd like some feedback over keyboards and mouse on linux� a backlighted keyboard would be nice but it should be reliable, and quiet.

Can't help you with the Bluetooth and WiFi, but does it really make a
difference what keyboard you take? In other words, does it have to have
the Mac layout, or could you do with a generic PC keyboard?

If the latter is the case, get a scissor-switch type keyboard. They have
the sort of keys you find on a laptop. The Logitech illuminated one is
in use by Martin, and he's happy with it.

Alternatively, you may look around for a mechanical keyboard, but make
sure you get a silent one (and be prepared to lay down a relatively
large amount of cash).

For the mouse, any should do. I love the Razer mice, which aren't cheap
(as anything from Razer isn't cheap), and come with a ton of gaming
blah-blah mumbo jumbo, but they're lovely mice. Just don't get a white one.

> Slowly on the hunt for a (cheap) color friendly screen too� As I may have to do some graphic jobs it's a bit a pain in the ass. And my diamontron screens are dying smowly so it's time to move on. sigh

Get a Dell 2209WA (please note that it has to be exactly that
combination of digits and letters), or any other screen that uses e-IPS
technology. Should be available from €360 onwards, which is a lot for a
22" flat panel, but it's in a different league from the TN screens that
you find on every street corner.

- Peter