The old designs are always better

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 31 19:43:59 CET 2011

Op 28-12-2011 13:03, The Dong schreef:

> I just hope I can scrape up enough money to do it.
> It's not the stove cost, I can already afford that and have picked out a
> few designs, it's the cost of getting someone to certify the install,
> and I'll bet most companies will only do that if you pay them to do it.

My parents got a stove at some point, and the animals certainly liked
it. Then, when my sister moved into their place whilst my parents moved
to a smaller place, she took over the stove.

At some later point in time, that stove caused the house to catch fire
and burn down. Ever since, I have my doubts about wood burning.

Thing is, in this country it's remarkably cold in winter. Our house, for
some reason or other, manages to feel colder than the outside
temperature. This is good in summer; in winter, less so.

I suppose we could insulate the windows and doors, but the investment
would be prohibitive. Insulating the walls is simply not an option.

But my goodness, whilst I may feel comfortable now wearing three layers
of clothing, I can't believe how hot I felt in the Netherlands. The
first night, in an Italian restaurant, I actually sat in a T-shirt
because of it. Now it was unusually warm (which it always is when we're
travelling), but still, that heat...

Oddly enough, I usually feel colder in Malta than in the Netherlands.

- Peter
- Peter