joining the modular club

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 28 15:17:47 CET 2011

Hi Bar,

ebay gave me a good price for my christmas present I made to myself: a Doepfer modular. It's the Base system I (the one without MIDI) and I am already crawling through a cobweb of cables on my desk, having fun and making the obligatory space noises.

So far I have been reading a lot on Andreas Krebs' blog, some at http://electro-music.com as well as http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/ and enjoying the nerdery and the spirit of (most of) it.

What other resources would you recommend (besides youtube, unless specific links, I think the Raul videos are way too snailslow for me)? I enjoy Dieter Doepfer's manuals too.

Tony, care to share a picture of your setup and elaborate on it?

also I am looking into sequencers, soft- or hardware, mainly interested in Phaedra (intro: 5$, later 10$) or Little Midi Machine (free) (both for iPad) as well as digital->CV integration. I have a rack mount TeeBee 303 with 4xgate/CV outs and am wondering if the Doepfer Dark Link would make sense to integrate it with either iPad, Computer or other Midi keyboards (since it has a MIDI in as well) and it's smaller.

anyone with any ideas is welcome. I love exploring this thing but some directions wouldn't hurt....

thanks,

Kai