subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 26 15:09:25 CEST 2011

> I've spent the last 4 years building a realtime/safety-critical OS
> framework for trains, using busybox, and I really don't understand the
> question .. busybox doesn't care about the realtime features of the kernel
> you're using, unless I've missed something .. ?

I'm sure you didn't but I did.. I still have a hard time drawing the line
between boundaries of the various part of distributions.

> But yeah, a Linux-RT kernel + base system (I wouldn't use busybox though)
> *IS* a good environment for a hardware synth.

what would you go for ? I'm writing a new framework for "modular" synth and
would like to port it to a low latency/fast boot distribution. Something
like under a second to boot.

Huge bonus if it doesn't take a year to scratch my head on "how do I do
that" ? ^^