Your favorite delay?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 7 23:45:09 CEST 2011

Op 7-4-2011 13:13, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

> Really? Nothing beats Deutsche Bahn (German Rail), when it comes to those kind of delays...

Once, we travelled by train from Heerlen (the Netherlands) to Cologne
(Köln), change trains in Aachen.

On the way back, our train was so much delayed, that we'd surely missed
the connecting train back to the Netherlands, if it weren't for the fact
that that one was delayed as well.

In fact, the only train of the four that left on time was the one from
Heerlen to Aachen, and the engineer was Dutch.

For some reason, people think that because Germans make good-quality
stuff, their trains run on time as well. This is not the case. The
Baureihe 120 locomotive is a milestone, and a testament to what good,
solid engineering can accomplish - but they cannot make it run on time.

But I have to deny your claim: the most delayed public transport in
Europe is the bus system in Malta. Once, I waited for at least an hour
for a bus that is supposed to run every 10 or 15 minutes. This was
during rush hour in the morning.

Now, Arriva is taking over in July, and everything is supposed to be
perfect after that.

- Peter