Arturia Origin

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 10 20:59:07 CEST 2010

Op 10-9-2010 18:40, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> On Sep 10, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:
>
>> And if they ship to Europe, I'm sure I'll have to pay a nice
>> amount of tax here - and the machine comes from France, if I am
>> correct...
>
> $1399, also it come with (obviously) a US version external power supply that is somewhat out of the ordinary power wise so I don't know if that would be an issue.

€1969 at Thomann, which is considerably more (like, twice as much?).

But if you'd import from the US, you'd pay VAT, which is anywhere
between 16% and 21%. You may have to pay import fees, but I don't know
if you pay on musical instruments, and if so, how much. And obviously,
you pay VAT over the import fees, or the import fees are also over the
VAT, something like that.

Add to that shipping, getting an extra power supply, not having a
warranty...

Still, one wonders why it can be half the price in the US from what you
pay in Europe, when it is a European synth to begin with.

- Peter