LAME woes

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 27 01:22:53 CEST 2010

Michael Zacherl. wrote:
> That  24bit AIFF can't be read is disappointing but not a flaw. IMHO LAME
> functions as designed. I'd really welcome the chance of compiling a more
> versatile Mac version and also "give it back to the community" but in fact
> that's too much overhead for me in terms of achieving the original goal.

It may be that your willingness to specify the issue, point to code, chat to the
one or two key developers of that bit of the library, try out alpha-builds, etc,
would be almost if not better than actually getting stuck in with the code
yourself. The cost is in the time getting up to speed, rather than any
particular skill in programming (I'm sure one this would be well within your
ability).

But anyway, I'm emailing instead of coding and composing.

Heading for the depths...

Tony (HB)