british elections

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 6 20:25:32 CEST 2010

Op 6-5-2010 18:52, perry7 at mac.com schreef:

>>> No I won't check it
>
> in my vocabulary this remark is a sign of cognitive dissonance
> so please, please, please Peter look up this site and think about
> what these guys are trying to communicate

You know, everybody may decide whether he or she goes to vote or not.
But if you don't vote, or don't stand for elections, I think one should
STFU.

I'm *really* tired of people complaining about politics, politicians,
the whole system, and not doing anything about it. If you want something
different, either try to change the system from within the system (bit
like Hitler taking an officially legal route to attain absolute powers,
and then abolishing the democratic system), or pick up a weapon and
start a revolution. But please, stop complaining.

> and also i would like that we all would refrain from using terms
> like 'richest countries' and instead of that speak of the 'richest
> families'
> which are indeed (to my humble opinion) in dire straits

RUBBISH. Go and live in another country. Go live in a country where the
minimum wage is just over €600, your unemployment benefits and old-age
pension are a fraction of that, and yet prices are higher than in the
Netherlands.

I've lived in one, I've lived in the other, and I've seen the difference.

Look at your manicured roads. Look at your brand-new buses going
everywhere. Who takes care of those?

Go live in a country with a considerably lower per-capita income, and
until that time, don't complain about the things you have, because you
don't have to travel far to find things rather different.

- Peter