Choosing a Devilision

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 1 15:04:16 CET 2010

Deliberate misspell.

My other half just phoned me up away to make a semi-impulsive buy of a
Sanyo 32" telly and I advised her to take a note of a few models and
hold off just buying a telly on the spot. Gone are the days where I
would ever buy something like this on impulse. A telly should last about
a decade, or longer in my case. It would be like buying a car without
even trying it out first. Plus local shops tend to only stock older
models punted as cutting edge.

My first Q is: Is real HD res. very important?

My second Q is: Is there any other feature/spec. very important to look
out for?

An addendum to this is a semi-rant on how misleading the HD ready crap
is. On the one hand, we have real HD res 1920 x 1080, on the other we
have 1366 x 768 HD ready and sometimes, just to confuse even those very
able to absorb what all the technobabble means, we have this:

http://www.saverstore.com/product/20032516/Sanyo-CE32LD90-B-32-LCD-TV

(read the first two lines of the description for a clear idea)

That is not an isolated case.
Does it mean this telly supports 1920, but downscales it.
Or is it just unclear because it's so messy overall and few who write up
listings know wtf *ats they are filling in means?

* - All this shit.