Live HW controllers

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 28 19:30:56 CEST 2010

On Jun 28, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Romain / rXg wrote:

> Ipad and +2 Launchpad could be very sexy imo ...
> (the novation Zero SL MkII is not with mechanical faders and it's a bit shame, specially if you want to use more than 8 tracks... )
> Ipad compare to Novation Zero SL MkII seems to be quite obsolete knowing that the Ipad seems to be portable, you could run with it on stage cause no wires :) ...
> I m sure there are couple of more stuffs which make the Ipad more interresting for live than Zero SL MkII ...

From my first play it was not as responsive as I would like, occasionally I would hit a different clip and nothing would happen. May need to tweek the set up or play around with it a bit more. Also you really have to be focused on the device when changing things to make sure you are touching the right thing, obviously because you cant do it by feel. It's pretty cool though to have it talk back and forth with live, all setting updated and all parameters for synths, and the sequencer as well, all wireless. But I don't think it really replaces the feel of hardware buttons(more adds to it), at least for me.

Are you not a fan of lives takeover modes as far as the non motorized value adjustments? I ment to ask this before is it annoying?

I bought the APC and ZeroMKII as I found them for a good price, also what sold me on the Zero as well is it has regular MIDI ports so I might have a go at making a template for my Mopho box, yay asdr sliders