well, this really ruined my day...

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 20 06:19:21 CEST 2010

Tony Scharf wrote:
> My Firestudio died.  Just up and died.  It wont do anything except the
> firewire light turns red and stays that way.  It no longer passes
> audio at all...
>
> so, I am now in the market for a new Audio interface.  Any good
> suggestions not made by presonus?  I had a lot of driver issues with
> this box, and now this.
>
> *sigh*.
>
> Guess that EP I was working on will have *another* delay..
>
> Tony

RME, although a bit pricey, has a good reputation.  My friend Howard
Moscovitz raves about the software and its capabilities.  I've never
seen a Firewire 800 interface on an audio interface before but RME have
a model that uses it.  It appears to be top shelf gear.  Howard has the
Fireface 400 and it seems to have excellent sound and outstanding
routing flexibility.

Cheers,

Bill