The Media just don't get IT

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 21 04:01:31 CET 2010

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/science_technology/illegal+filesharing+trial++man+cleared/3503737

The title says it all: Illegal......cleared
So, this guy doing all this definitely illegal stuff is acquitted, huh? ;)

--
I'm also a  bit dumbfounded that my other half is still unwilling to
stop paying the TV license, refuse to respond to any future
correspondence and refuse entry to the TVLA, after sending them a letter
saying we no longer watch terrestrial TV, mainly because 99% of it is
bollocks.
She says she wants to pay the fee (haha. There's nothing on the Beeb
worthy to watch anymore)
The real legality is you can download shows after they've aired and
watch them, without a license. The license is for live reception only.
Look it up. I'm sure that hole will be plugged at some point.
After september, our analog tv won't receive anything without a digibox.
That may be a good target to stop paying and only watch telly on our
terms. Doubt the other half will believe that the TV license really does
not have to be paid. It is their (sub company to the BBC's)
scaremongering that does it for most people, but most of their threats
have very little basis in legality or reality.