Acer Aspire One / Asus EEEPC + Ableton

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 23 10:42:18 CEST 2009

> Jay, i wish to try linux since a while (I got  ubuntu cd
> somewhere )   but to be sincere  my skills and knowledge in general
> for computers make me a bit afraid to make the step ... But a day I
> will for sure ... :)

Just try a bootable USB stick with Ubuntu Studio or DeMuDi
distributions on it .. this is a perfectly easy way to try it all out
before you do a full install ..

> I would like to know who in the bar make music composition ( from A
> to Z) with Linux  ?
> Is it really worth to try (musicly speacking)?

As soon as I get speakers for my home rig (and a little mixer) I'm
going to take my 19" rack back from the MetaLab studio (where its
getting a fair bit of use, actually) and set up an all-Linux based
studio at home.  I've been playing with my new Linux PC and I think
its quite ready to support my return to a 'studio' oriented approach
to music-making..

;
--
Jay Vaughan