Test? Is it safe?

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 15:07:52 CEST 2009

> Electricity is accumulative ;)
> In reality, my 3kW hot water tank set to about 50-60C costs ~30p per
> day. Let's not poop about, that's about £250 per annum.

Err about £110 if 30p a day or ~70p a day if £250 per annum.

But we were talking about electricity saving.  Gas heated water for heating is far cheaper than electricity.  But this is outside the scope of the original topic.

> Storage heaters cost A LOT. Like £600 per winter on their own.
> I only have two.
> I'm beginning to think they are either shit or faulty because the house
> is never hot.

Save electricity by using a different method for heating rather than using electricity is far better for the environment than energy saving light bulbs ever will.

Furthermore, where is the energy coming from to make all the glass and nasty chemicals to make the "environmentally friendly" light bulbs?!!!
Glass melts at 2300 °C - that takes *a lot* of energy.

Don't get me started....

> I think my main priority this year is to further insulate where
> possible.. (woolly jumper)

Bingo!

Also save money on carpets by wearing just a little square of carpet on each foot!

Cheers

Chris