Online Backups - Mozy

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 30 20:10:49 CEST 2008

Hey Joost

> I could however see myself do a backup to a service where
> I simply send an encrypted disk image.

You should try this great new service by a company called Mozy:

"When you use Mozy, your files are encrypted on your computer using 448-bit
Blowfish encryption and then transferred to the Mozy servers using 128-bit
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. You have the option of using a Mozy
key or your own private key to encrypt your data. Note that if you use your
own private key, you must be very careful about not losing it because if you
do, we won't be able to help. It's impossible for us to decrypt your data
when you use your own key"

By choosing your own key, you are effectively doing what you say above. I
have chosen my own key.

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"