Online Backups - Mozy

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 29 23:21:31 CEST 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 23:03 , Jay Vaughan wrote:

> Interesting point.  So .. why is online backup better than local
> hardware, for you?  Not trying to stir things up, just interested in
> the reasoning ..

I back up locally, but for work we're setting up an online backup. It
is a server we manage though, so besides a local backup to tape we
also do a backup over the internet to a server in a different physical
location.

I would never give my data to a third party. I could however see
myself do a backup to a service where I simply send an encrypted disk
image.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL