Artists vs iTunes

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 26 22:47:48 CEST 2008

I think it's ridiculous -- if the only way to legally get a track that
I like is to buy the whole album, I probably won't get it legally.

what is an album? it's nowhere near a painting where you can't extract
individual parts (and even there, sometimes you can). It is a
collection of songs. Something that makes sense to the artist, but
what if I only like one of their tracks? should they hate me for not
buying the whole album or love me for loving their one hit single?

I think mostly I don't listen to hit-single-music anyway, but
sometimes I need individual tracks for my theater work.

doesn't AOR stand for "Album-Oriented Rock"? or is it "Adult-..."?
anyway, osome types of music just seem to work better on an album than
as single tracks. The other way around for other music genres..

but I guess that's a matter of personal taste and opinion...,

Kai