I LOVE DSI.

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 22 15:10:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Paul Maddox
<paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net> wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Perhaps, but it would be nice to at least have got a 'toe in the door'.
>
> I've tried to get a job with existing companies, Moog said no when
> they discovered I was in the UK, so I assume that it's a common thing
> for US companies. Waldorf had me on a list of people to interview,
> alas they went bust. Sound-art where the same, and ironically I
> started working with Hartmann when they went bust.
> Maybe I'm being paranoid, but sometimes it does feel like it's never
> gonna happen.

Currently, its *very* hard to import workers into this country from
abroad.  My company is European owned, and we have a number of German
Nationals that work in our office, and every year its a huge question
weather or not we are going to loose them because the INS has decided
that an American could do their job just as well.  For us it is
essential to hire them, so we go through the hassle and the paperwork
and actually have staff who's entire job is dealing with our 5
nationals (including the CEO) and the INS BS that the government here
puts on us.

> Maybe it's time to roll out a new Monowave and get some financial backing?

Take a page from the DSI playbook:  Make something small and cheap
that fits on my desk and sounds awesome.  Big things can come of
this..

Tony