walking hotspot

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 15 13:59:22 CEST 2008

> Got one for free at the time and it's a great little keeper to
> install a
> local open point in 2 secs. I'm keeping mine if I go the wifi-ed
> laptop
> bpm sync at some point.

yeah man, with two uarts onboard its a dead cert qualification for
putting WLAN-MIDI together.

> Jay, have you been in contact with any projects going in that
> direction
> ? It's kind of a shame that there's midi-wifi for the DS but nothing
> really for lappies. The most interesting way would be to have a cross
> platform OSC to midi server but I haven't found anything.

MidiShare has had a net-server implementation for years.  As soon as I
get my Fonera UARTs sorted out and doing MIDI I/O, it'll be a matter
of simply putting MidiShare onboard with a default startup config and
off we go ..

But what I'm also interested in is of course the MIDI-Over-Network and
Rendezvous auto-config features of OSX.  If I get this worked out,
then the idea of having a soft-synth running on the iPhone, controlled
by a MIDI keyboard is then a matter of cream and pie ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan