Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 5 19:05:15 CEST 2008

> Now my E61i is not exactly fast, but installing an application takes
> tens of seconds, tops. Large amounts of data I do with the USB
> cable, by
> the way, and certain things need to be done with that cable, like
> installing a new OS version.
> So there's no real reason for the iPhone to be so slow, because my
> E61i
> has 64 MB + 2 GB, all flash.

there is really no reason for such slowness on the iphone, except for
maybe big security nonsense combined with ultra-power-saving modes,
and frankly i see no reason why not to make software installs as slow
and safe as possible if you are going to have really serious lockdown
code engineered and implemented (For Whatever Reason-tm 2008 jv).
keep in mind a lot of the apps are *huge* in iphone terms, also, and
yes the NAND is not really as fast nor as yummy as you might have on /
your/ particular keychain SD-card fob .. this is why apple and its
partners are profitable businesses sustaining millions of people &etc..

;
--
Jay Vaughan