Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 5 18:02:37 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:

>> christ it's like syncing a treo over bluetooth it's so slow. Also why
>> does it take like 15 min for an app to install sometimes?
>
> i think its because the extraction-to-NAND/flash process is just
> inherently slower than we're used to dealing with .. well anyway, i'm
> sorta used to it, since i have to unpack a 200meg image to my
> development system about 40 or 50 times a day, but i can see how it
> feels unusual on the iphone.  maybe there is some wear-levelling going
> on under the scenes too, dunno .. plus also factor in the key
> generation that goes on when the iphone OS verifies you're not some
> l33ter trying to screw poor Mr. Jobs out of a job ..

Now my E61i is not exactly fast, but installing an application takes
tens of seconds, tops. Large amounts of data I do with the USB cable, by
the way, and certain things need to be done with that cable, like
installing a new OS version.

So there's no real reason for the iPhone to be so slow, because my E61i
has 64 MB + 2 GB, all flash.

- Peter