what do people think of this...?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Nov 16 14:52:29 CET 2008

The Dong schreef:

> I mean folk charging lots of money for dicking around with lasers,
> crystals or candles, talking and teaching gibberish and ultimately
> wasting (stealing) everyone's time and money.

Just to take this sentence out of its context, but there's an example
that's quite interesting. Anecdotal, of course, but there you go.

A friend of mine, who I consider to be hard-core beta, and down to earth
when it comes to these things, had constant problems with his
intestines, or stomach, or something like that. He had gone through the
traditional medical spectrum, but to no avail: nobody could find the cause.

So he went to a mesmerist (probably at the behest of his girlfriend,
because I can't imagine him going there of his own accord), figuring
that it wouldn't do any harm.

So that guy waved some bottles about, and declared that my friend had an
intolerance to sugar. So he swapped from normal soft drinks (which he
consumed in great quantities) to diet ones, and lo and behold, the
symptoms went away.

I'm rather sceptical to so-called alternative medicine as well, but I
thought this would give an interesting perspective on things.

- Peter