what do people think of this...?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Nov 16 13:29:56 CET 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Thanks, Andy, that saves me a lot of money (I can cancel the
> order of a huge survival package ;-)

Mostly baked beans, gas masks and Magic Trees.

What annoys me about (let's not beat around the Bush) pseudo-science is
the motivation behind it is nearly always remuneration. There exists a
small number of absolute lunatics who believe in the crap they spew, but
mostly that is a front to excuse the utter falsity.

Some examples I lump into this category are:

Religions. All of them, but especially anything evangelic or modern
offshoots of older ideas. 100% of these are honeypots to catch fools who
don't even know where they are half the time and steal their very souls.
Jehovah's also combine many tricks to turn people (approaching death)
away from friends and family and dump their wealth into the 'church'
(from personal experience of a relative)

Armageddon predictors. This thread is one meagre example.

Old wives tales. Yes. It's in the right place in this list :P

Robert Anton Wilson. Please file under fantasy ;)

Alternative healing. I don't mean the ones like change your diet and
exercise a little more instead of popping the lazy doctor pills, or even
ancient (historically genuine) remedies passed on through ages in
cultures worldwide.
I mean folk charging lots of money for dicking around with lasers,
crystals or candles, talking and teaching gibberish and ultimately
wasting (stealing) everyone's time and money.
The worst thing about these modern one's (let's not dick around here
either. They nearly ALL come from the USA sold based on the AMWAY model,
spreading shit everywhere) is that they draw in and convince people but
at the same time impart the notion that anyone who questions the
legitimacy of the treatment is the enemy and a fool. It's nigh on
impossible to spell out the flaws (lies) to the indoctrinated...
To the point where they will cast out (or be cast out) even closest
friends or family. Akin to brainwashing. Most are lucky enough to never
be tricked by the guff, but those that buy into the package in the first
place are dumb enough to be there for long enough to lose out big time
(while the initiators rake in your $$$ or the money you are stealing for
them from desperate souls) By the time the captured eventually figure it
out (nobodies been cured, most of this isn't right, my bank account is
empty) they have already been discredited amongst 'the group' and are
usually too ashamed to talk about it. Enough! :)

Modern global politic. It is as senseless as a dead fish.

The financial institutions. Dumb thieves stealing from the dumb.

Media. About as true as a picture you posted of yourself naked but you
couldn't resist photoshopping out your fat ass, man boobs and floppy
jowls. In fact you are far too lazy for all that work, so you stuck your
head on Peter North.

The weather forecast. Not that bad. But when it's wrong, it's usually
very wrong.

My mother, your mother, everyone's mother. Not that bad. But when it's
wrong, it's usually very wrong. (Who am I kidding. Your parents are so
full of scattered poo bits from the above list, it's embarrassing)

Me. Once you discard most of the crap, it just leaves a very cynical
seed surrounded predominantly by a flaky, yet soft, annoying husk. Or
was that my breakfast?

;)