New Muteqx Track - "Neptune"... and it's very different to thelast one!

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 4 17:23:26 CET 2008

Hey Martin,

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Martin Naef wrote:
> ;-)
>
> Well, I didn't mind the dark sounds of the previous one. I still think
> the new track could use a bit more build up as well. But as it's a bit
> more ambient in a Kruder & Dorfmeister way, I don't mind as much, it
> would certainly work well as background music in a calm bar...

Hmm... I was wondering about extending the build-up, but I thought it was
kinda long enough already, at least for an album track (as opposed to a
DJ-friendly mix).

If there's one thing I need to improve on, it's the structure of my tunes.  I
am working on it, but it's a gradual process and in many ways one of the
hardest things for me.

I can usually come up with most of the elements of a tune in about an hour or
less (sometimes much less, like 5 minutes), but arranging them into an
appropriate structure has often been the daunting part which is the reason I
have so many unfinished tunes on my hard drive!

I think I'm starting to get there, anyway.

> Mix-wise, there's nothing I could say really. On the headphones here at
> work, it sounds fine.

I hope so!  This was the second mastering - the first one went wrong because I
was trying to do it at 10pm without pissing the neighbours off!  I realised
the next day that I'd sucked all the power out of the bass and therefore it
just... sucked!

So I worked pretty hard on the mastering of this one... took quite a while
over it and I think it's paid off.

> > I now also have a MySpace page, since it seems to be somewhat of a
> > requirement these days.  Feel free to add me as a friend:
> > http://www.myspace.com/muteqx
>
> Since when do you follow the herd? ;-)

When I'm finally starting to release some music they might be interested in?
(Which isn't to say I plan to sell it... but it would be nice if the herd
found out about Creative Commons!)

Also, I'm planning to do some more live sets this year, so I'm trying to
register on the radar a little bit more... if for nothing other than popping
up in more places than just on my own websites.

Thanks for listening!

~Dave