music servers, remotes, etc..

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 26 20:20:16 CEST 2008

M,

> Anyone with a nice setup ? Ideally I would like to have only one machine
> running, even if I have loads of old lappy lying around, I'm not too found
> of having to boot things to listen to music.

I use my Squeezebox's (http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html)
Load the software onto your OS (win, linux, mac) plug it into your network
and you're off.
It doesn't required anything other than to know where your MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV
files are located.
It will work with iTunes, but doesn't mandate it.

I have two of these, one of them is the older type. And they're great. The
user interface is easy to use from the remote or via a webpage.

FWIW, I use a mac-mini with my movies and MP3s on, and it runs FrontRow for
movies and I use the squeezeboxs for music around the house.

Paul