Prophet 08 (was Re: all hail the mighty mono synth!)

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 12 19:18:10 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 12:06 PM, Mikael Hansson <hammon at bredband.net> wrote:

> Nice, I envy you! :)
> Did you get a chance to play the P08?

Yes I did, and I have to say that I was impressed with it!  It *does*
sound a bit different than the PEK with its digital oscillators turned
off.  The oscillators and filter both sound quite a bit more different
than I was expecting.   There was a nice hefty sound to both that I
dont quite get out of the PEK when I turn off its digital components.
Many of the presets, also, sounded fuller by fact they two 4 voice
patches stacked.  The extra poly was also very nice, particularly for
pads.

The only real negatives were its lack of internal FX (I really did
miss the PEK's delay lines) and the fact it was a keyboard (which I
really dont need, no matter how beautiful and sexy they managed to
make this one).

If the rack unit had already been in stock, I'd possibly have walked
out with one of those rather than the SE1x.  I am seriously
considering selling off my Virus TI and trading it out for one, if
that tells you anything.

Tony