Arduino Shields

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 23:44:32 CEST 2008

Jay/Martin,

> There's quite an aftermarket for 3rd party Arduino shields - there are
> tons of things, like a control surface shield, an LED Matrix, etc.
> And of course our trusty Pocket Piano's.
>
> Check the Ardunio forums - most shield developers lurk in there and/or
> spam their wares.  Its a real market, like I said.

Thanks, I had a quick go at making my own -
http://blog.vacoloco.net/?p=70

Wasn't much effort :-)

> Yes, you can write AVR assembly .. either inline it, like normal, or
> use avr-as in a Makefile-type project .. I don't know how well it
> works inside the IDE, never bothered with the IDE much myself (vim
> +Makefile is just fine for me), but I'm sure you can do it as there
> are a couple Arduino projects with assembly files included ..

The editor is quite nice, but personally I like the fact that it's "all in
one". I'm happy to work with Vi or textmate, but how do you then get your
compiled assembly code into the Arduino?

> What're you doing with it, btw?  Control surface?

MIDI controllers, more than just surfaces, note information aswell as MIDI
CC's.

Paul