Arduino Shields

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Aug 3 20:37:36 CEST 2008

> I saw a couple of people with Arduino prototype shields at SDIY,
> where di
> you guys get them?

There's quite an aftermarket for 3rd party Arduino shields - there are
tons of things, like a control surface shield, an LED Matrix, etc.
And of course our trusty Pocket Piano's.

Check the Ardunio forums - most shield developers lurk in there and/or
spam their wares.  Its a real market, like I said.

> Also, is it possible to write some assembly language using the
> Arduino IDE?
> One of the main things I like about the Arduino is the fact I can
> use it on
> my Mac without having to load a windows VM.

Yes, you can write AVR assembly .. either inline it, like normal, or
use avr-as in a Makefile-type project .. I don't know how well it
works inside the IDE, never bothered with the IDE much myself (vim
+Makefile is just fine for me), but I'm sure you can do it as there
are a couple Arduino projects with assembly files included ..

What're you doing with it, btw?  Control surface?

;
--
Jay Vaughan