New Track

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 2 18:26:14 CEST 2008

Gorman, Declan schreef:
>   Here's a new track that I am working on as a remix project.  I'd appreciate your comments.
>
> http://www.degomusic.net/mp3/temp/dego_Minimal_Perspective.mp3 <https://webmail-na.moduslink.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.degomusic.net/mp3/temp/dego_Minimal_Perspective.mp3>

Well, it's been mentioned before, not in the least by yourself, but
generally your tracks suffer from a lack of progression. A sound comes,
another one is added, there's modulation, but all in all, nothing much
happens. The sounds in themselves are great, but they remain just that:
sounds.

What I was wondering, to get out of this pattern (that you've lamented
before, which is why I'm being a bit blunt), have you ever considered
making an entirely different kind of song? So if it's usually
pattern-based electronica, how about making an eighties pop track, with
loads of reverb on the snare, cheesy vocals (yes, vocals) and a
saxophone thrown in for good measure?

What I mean is that, since the tracks are technically very well made,
but they lack a certain animation, maybe you could try your hand on a
genre where you are forced to break the pattern, and have an intro,
chorus, verses and of course the instrumental break (this is where the
saxophone comes in).

Or am I talking out of my posterior now?

- Peter