Matrix

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Aug 2 17:34:06 CEST 2008

Hey Michael!

Michael Zacherl wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 7:47 PM, Paul Maddox wrote:
>
>> I must have missed part of this conversation.
>>
>> Are you trying to build a filter like the oberheim Xpander?
>> Where you chose from one of 16 different types?
>
> The Xpander's 16 types are a bit of a compromise due to restrictions
> of the CEM3372 used in the Xpander (I love this synth, BTW!).
> But that was the starting point ...
> This thing should be much more generic, not only used for filter(s),
> but could be part of sort of an uber-filter, if someone wishes that.
> So that it could be used as a stand-alone module/unit or as part of
> something else.
> Basically a large µC-controlled network of VCAs.

My thinking on this, right now, is get an ordinary matrix, like the VCS3, ignore
issues like programmability, crosstalk, etc, and just get it working quick.
Screen all the wires to and from, and just get patching. You can always work on
the übermatrix, while having fun with all those modules, crosstalk, and the rest :)

Tony (HB)