Question: recording live musicians / clipped audio

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 24 22:41:01 CEST 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 09:22:33 Chris Strellis wrote:
> I have a Manticore Mantra (a what?!!).
> http://home.c2i.net/jantoresvart/turntables/mantra.jpg
> But mines in black.

Actually, I read after getting mine (black too) that they also make them in
color. I like the green one :)
http://www.gizmodo.fr/savedfiles/p3-green-web.jpg

> It's almost the same as a Planar 3 with a glass platter, Rega RB300 arm etc
> but the sub chassis is sprung (boingoingoingoingggggg).

It seems also quite thicker.

> I have an Audio Technica OC-5 moving coil cartridge

Heard of those. They aren't available anymore, are they ?
Mine's a Benz MC Silver.

> all going into my home made pre-amp.
Too bad I'm no good with a soldering iron, I'll have to buy mine if I decide
to upgrade my amp.

> Brilliant sound source :)
Hear hear :)