What Linux distro do you currently recommend?

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 14 13:55:04 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Dave S wrote:

> 2. Ubuntu - Seems everybody raves about it, and really, as long as
> it has most
> of the apps I want, I can manually compile anything else I need, so no
> problem.

I was pleasantly surprised with Ubuntu on both a server (Ubuntu
Server) and a desktop... as a desktop Mac OS X is still tons better,
but everything worked right away and looked pretty good.

Oh, one annoying quirk: don't installl without a networking cable
plugged in coz apt-get gets disabled (and you only get cryptic error
messages).

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL