Korg EMX-1/Lovely Day cover

Tony Scharf tony.scharf at outlook.com
Sun Oct 11 19:40:14 CEST 2026


Hello, Bar…

If you follow my facebook or discord, you know my son found a very dirty but fully functioning Korg EMX-1 SD at an estate sale nearby.  I spend half a day cleaning it (there was scotch tape and some other sticky residue on the bottom and sides along with an epic amount of cigarette ash).  I then went looking through old data files and I found my Korg EMX bank dumps from when I had my last one (I never get rid of any data). I found my cover of Lovely Day by Front 242 on there.

My old EMX had a noise problem, so I rarely recorded audio from it.   This one is amazingly quiet, even with the tubes installed.  I decided to capture this for archive purposes.

So..here it is. Enjoy it before the copyright algorithm gives me a smackdown.

<https://youtu.be/6yVSkUHt0wE>
[maxresdefault.jpg]
242LD 20261011
[https://youtu.be/favicon.ico]<https://youtu.be/6yVSkUHt0wE>
NoiseTheorem<https://youtu.be/6yVSkUHt0wE>
youtu.be<https://youtu.be/6yVSkUHt0wE>

-Tony


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.music-bar.org/pipermail/music-bar/attachments/20261011/6a0e823d/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: maxresdefault.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 151633 bytes
Desc: maxresdefault.jpg
URL: <http://lists.music-bar.org/pipermail/music-bar/attachments/20261011/6a0e823d/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the music-bar mailing list