Arturia MiniFreak V now available stand-alone

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Jan 21 10:40:39 CET 2023

If you always wanted an Arturia MiniFreak, but not yet another box in
your studio, the software version is now available on its own:

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/minifreak-v/overview

And they make it an attractive proposition right away:

  * Normal price: €199
  * Special offer until the end of the month: €99
  * In my case, because I already own other Arturia products: €69
  * Or get V Collection 9 upgrade, with MiniFreak V for free: €149

I went for the latter. The integration with my KeyLab mkII should be
pretty smooth.

Is it just me, or is this an exciting time for synthesisers? After the
heydays of the 1980s and 1990s, and the stagnation of the 2000s, we now
have (relatively) small manufacturers from Poland (Polyend), Greece
(Dreadbox) and New Zealand (Synthstrom) producing interesting products.
And although Arturia hardly still counts as either new or small, their
product branding (Brute, Freak, Lab, Step, Fuse) is innovative. Even the
Big Three: Korg is making interesting hardware synths, Roland have all
but perfected their software emulations, and Yamaha... well, somebody
will have to make the bread and butter synths, right?

- Peter