Mono or stereo?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue Mar 29 07:38:16 CEST 2022

As you may know, I've been struggling to find the perfect audio
interface for years now. The good news is that I've made progress, in
the sense that I realised it doesn't actually exist.

Long story short, I'd need easily 12 stereo inputs, or 24 in total, and
there aren't that many options. But considering that the primary reason
for an audio interface is to be able to run all sorts of effects on my
PC, do I really need the stereo connections? Or to put it differently:
if I'm likely to use only one voice from certain synths (not including
power houses such as the Proteus 2000s), does it actually make sense to
use the stereo outputs?

What do you guys use?

- Peter