Akai MPC Key 61 - thoughts?

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 18:24:27 CEST 2022

> Yea the bluebox does seem like a nice solution. For my current application I want the interface of a mixer though, and I’m not really jazzed about midi controller mixers.

I do understand that - but paired with my old Faderfox, I have to say this is easily one of the most convenient and versatile mixing arrangements I’ve ever had.  I can leave the mixer somewhere close to the gear, and put the Faderfox anywhere else on the desk I need it, or hand it over to one of the other guys to mix during a session.  I don’t even think about them as separate components any more, they just work .. its like having a mixing console with a detachable interface.

I’m just waiting for them to release an upgraded Bluebox with USB Audio capabilities, though ..

j.
—
Jay Vaughan
ibisum at gmail.com