The return of ampfea.org ..

moron moron at industrial.org
Tue Jan 18 19:22:26 CET 2022

The A3K sadly has internal hardware limitations that greatly limit its
SCSI transfer rates.

It's a wonderful and very fun creative sampler but is burdened with
attrocious load / save times compared to other hardware samplers from
that period.  If memory serves, it took somewhere around 3 to 5 minutes
for me to load a gig's worth of samples and I tended to use mostly
short mono samples.

Cheers,

Ron

On Tue, 2022-01-18 at 11:09 -0700, Matt Seil wrote:
> So I obviously haven't used it, but:
>

> https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/product/rascsi
>

> It's a SCSI adapter that lets you plug in a raspberry pi.  So, if
> it's
> like my Kurzweil, it'll read/write as fast as the attached drive.
> ZIP
> quick.  Compact flash is slow.
>
> Unless the A3K was already slow via SCSI.  That might be a hardware
> limitation based on the processor.  (Can't get around that.)

https://nearlydead.bandcamp.com
https://nullcommand.bandcamp.com
https://deterrent.net
https://industrial.org
Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!