The return of ampfea.org ..

Matt Seil xeno6696 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 15:28:44 CET 2022

Don't worry.  I jumped on the opportunity like a fat kid on the truffle
shuffle!

After I started learning more about the A3k, it brought back memories of
being a high school kid who only had an Alesis SR-16, staring at the
synths and samplers in Musician's Friend catalog.

Nostalgia aside, it was a very good time to be alive for sampler
development.  You had the A3K, then within a couple years, Akai S5k,
EMU6400, with Roland dropping out to just do the XV-5080.

Supposedly the A3k's biggest pain was setting loop points because of the
tiny display.  I don't think it can be any worse than doing the same
thing on a Model:Samples.  (You're not supposed to use it as a phrase
device but knob controls for sample start/end is too tempting.)

I will gladly help with testing.