Yamaha A-Series disk formatting?

Matt Seil xeno6696 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:41:49 CET 2022

I'm kinda fishing for Ibi-Sum here.

Got everything up and humming smoothly now, and while I'm waiting for my
usb to floppy upgrade to pass German customs, I started thinking, "Well,
I should be able to easily drop samples over via compact flash..."

Nope!  :-D  Not the end of the world--it'll encourage me to sample more.

The core problem is clearly, Yamaha uses a proprietary disk format for
everything BUT the floppy drive.  So I can't do like I do with my K2661,
and just drop a bunch of samples, and then copy them over to the
dedicated K2661 disk.

Does that accurately sum everything up?

If that's the case then it makes more sense as to what you're talking
about with the SCSI device.  Do you have some work already set up to
github?  I haven't written driver code before, but this is something
that I think would be important for the community.