New headphone time

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Dec 22 15:42:10 CET 2022

Hey Matt,

> What retailer?  The site links to several.

Black Box Pro, Balzan, Malta. 🙂 That's where I got a pair from just now...

Contrary to Jay, I don't have a financial interest in recommending them
😁 but when I auditioned them, they did indeed sound good. In one track,
I think I heard the distortion when they recorded the drums. Very clear
and detailed.

But as your namesake mentioned, it's a very personal choice. So just
head to your local retailer and listen to their recommendation. That's
what I did, and they came up with Austrian Audio. Now, here in Malta,
the shop is often the sole distributor, so it makes a difference whom
you visit. I had to go there anyway, to enquire about a couple of cables
they were supposed to make for me.

Although it might be dangerous to visit a music shop just before
Christmas...

- Peter