New headphone time

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Dec 20 21:29:04 CET 2022

Hey everyone, hope you’re all happy and well!

After a bit more than 20 years, my AKG K240DF’s are getting a little tired. I also notice that the AirPods Pro sound noticeably better :) Can’t use those latency-wise of course, so it’s about time to buy some new studio headphones.

I’d want to spend say 600 EUR/USD tops, but would— considering the law of diminishing returns — also be happy to spend 200-300 if that’s where the value is.

Any top -bar recommendations?

I tend to use my speakers more often, and never use studio headphones for general music listening during work, but for recently rediscovered that late night music making really works well for me (so gotta consider the neighbors)…

Cheers!

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL