New music September 2021

Mikael Hansson forums at deadmengods.com
Sat Sep 25 01:22:33 CEST 2021

Two new albums from this month.

Wingtips is a Chicago duo that has clear references to the 80’s. I think of China Crisis somehow but with an alternative touch. There’s also some sounds and harmonies ala Cabaret Voltaire around the time of Code. This is their second album, good but I think I prefer the first one.

Wingtips - Cutting Room Floor
https://music.apple.com/se/album/cutting-room-floor/1570275070?l=en <https://music.apple.com/se/album/cutting-room-floor/1570275070?l=en>
https://open.spotify.com/album/5ISg9hVJGjIG8dQzeGCs3r?si=ZA6iltpUTFuB1RelgIB0pQ&dl_branch=1 <https://open.spotify.com/album/5ISg9hVJGjIG8dQzeGCs3r?si=ZA6iltpUTFuB1RelgIB0pQ&dl_branch=1>
https://youtu.be/qaj4Z_-GXi4 <https://youtu.be/qaj4Z_-GXi4>

Zeromancer…I can’t plug these guys enough :-)
Norwegian band formed at the end of the 90’s. Industrial/Electronic rock with a thing for really catchy choruses. During their 22 year career the industrial elements have successively diminished but they are still there in the background. This one is the first album in 8 years. On average a bit slower than the previous ones but still a really good album and that’s one of the things that stand out with them, they really make good albums. They have released around 80 tracks during their career and I only tend to skip about 4-5 of the tracks in total…and none of them are from the latest 5 albums. In general I’d say they’re the kind of band you have to grow into so give them a few spins :-)

Zeromancer - Orchestra of Knives
https://music.apple.com/se/album/orchestra-of-knives/1575898635?l=en <https://music.apple.com/se/album/orchestra-of-knives/1575898635?l=en>
https://open.spotify.com/album/7hSXaqwWgY82W0bKtZLbyF?si=m_8U5cK_QQOAsMRNRkfVag&dl_branch=1 <https://open.spotify.com/album/7hSXaqwWgY82W0bKtZLbyF?si=m_8U5cK_QQOAsMRNRkfVag&dl_branch=1>
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mzqQEmBY-eVcSSgotGYuW8bbP8ucSQQIY <https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mzqQEmBY-eVcSSgotGYuW8bbP8ucSQQIY>