Hardware samplers

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Sun Sep 19 07:28:25 CEST 2021

I meant the Akai samplers. The Emu that are not the e4 Ultra are reasonable. The ESI series are cheap and even e5000 and e6400 have been going for $500. The e4 Turbo is also really cheap. The Akai stuff is even cheaper and quiet frankly I think they are better samplers. The Z series in particular was fantastic.  And, I have been on ebay and Reverb a lot because I have also been tempted to get a hardware sampler again.

That said, the workflow really doesn't make much sense any longer. I ultimately decided against it. Things like Kontakt, Maschine, etc really make much more sense. Maschine in particular is incredibly fast and immediate to work in. Ultimately, as much as I think I would like to have a sampler again, I suspect the reality would be that I would hate it.

James

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​