Power Requirements for a SCSIForSamplers Spyrus?

Matt Seil xeno6696 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 22:40:32 CEST 2021

Hi, so I can't find where my email hit this list, I'm assuming I somehow
plonked it.

I wanted to double-check if anyone had one of these old units (PCMCIA
Card reader to SCSI) and if they had power supply settings.  I can't
seem to find Amp settings.

In tearing it open and researching the internals I was able to discover
that it's supposed to take 5VDC or 12VDC, it would function at 9VDC,
Power but be unusable at 5VDC, and I've presently kept it at 9VDC.  I'm
defaulting to 1300mA but...

My question to any of my old electrical engineering friends, is it safe
to operate a device rated 5/12V at different settings?  Different amps?