What killed Rock 'n Roll, Bob Dylan?

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Sun May 9 12:55:17 CEST 2021

Jay -

That is a phenomenal piece of writing - probably the best, most compressed corrective on the history of music I've read.

By the way, a brilliant fragment of that history can be seen in the recent movie "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ma_raineys_black_bottom

My favourite phrase from the article, though (out of many) is: “black people live in the estrangement that science fiction writers imagine.” This twists my perceptions of the machinery of technology, from the Utopian to the unimagined reality of another's lived life.

T.

⁣
​