iOS Audio interfaces in 2021?

Niall Munnelly niall.munnelly at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:38:10 CEST 2021

I don’t know if you want to use an sub-mixer or a multi-channel device, but
I’m quite happy with my Centrance Mixerface:

https://centrance.com/mixerface/

If I need to record multiple instruments simultaneously, I’ll put the Sound
Devices MixPre in front of it, but I find it more than capable for
recording short jams, demos, videos, etc. so much better than the old
iPhone recording days.

https://vimeo.com/561363111

The cardioid mics are Japan’s Primo capsules  and sound good, if you’re
into that. I have no meaningful gripes, except that it’s a little fiddly to
change settings with those recessed switches, but they have their benefits,
too. And it’s pretty rugged.

--
Yours,
Niall.